In this package the visitors work as volunteers in the morning and evening and become tourists during the day. In the morning, the visitors are taken to public schools where they conduct health check-up, cleanliness program, teacher’s training, etc. depending on the need of the school.
After that, they are picked up straight from the school and taken to various tourist attractions like the White Monastry, the Pashupatinath temple, Bhaktapur Durbar Square, Narayanhiti Museum, Swayambhunath Temple, etc. within the Kathmandu valley. Traditional Nepali lunch will be provided during the day.
In the evening the visitors functions as teachers in Reinstalling Hope’s tutoring center. They may teach English, Science, SAT test taking techniques or Math depending on their ability and comfort with the subject matter. Dinner is served everyday by their host families which are situated in the location of their choice. Occasionally, the volunteers will have movie, games and music nights.
This package differs from the 15 or fewer days Package in that this one also includes a trip to Chitwan National Park and Lumbini, the birthplace of Buddha. Also, in this package the volunteers get to live with host family at two different places.
This package includes:
- Pick up and drop from and to the airport
- Food & Lodging (with Internet)
- Stay in Pokhara (3 days)
- Visit to Chitwan National Park (2 days)
- Visit to 3 Cultural Museums
- Boating in Phewa Lake
- Mountain Watch at Sarankot
- Travel within Nepal
- Volunteering Opportunities at a public school
- Sightseeing within Kathmandu
- Visit to Lumbini (2 days)
- A gift from Reinstalling Hope
- Certificate of Appreciation for Volunteering
- Tour guide & Photographs of the Visit
- Shopping Trip to Thamel
We can help you find a suitable air ticket to Nepal if necessary. Please email us at email@example.com to plan your trip or to find out in detail about this package.